What does it mean to “hold space” for someone else?
“It means that we are willing to walk alongside another person in whatever journey they’re on without judging them, making them feel inadequate, trying to fix them, or trying to impact the outcome. When we hold space for other people, we open our hearts, offer unconditional support, and let go of judgement and control.
Tips on HOLDING SPACE for others grieving
1. Give them permission to trust their own intuition and wisdom
2. Give people only as much information as they can handle
3. Don’t take their power away
4. Keep your own ego out of it
5. Make them feel safe enough to fail
6. Give guidance with help and humility and thoughtfulness
7. Create a container for complex emotions, trauma, fear, anger, etc.,
8. Allow them to make different decisions and to have different experiences than you would”
By Heather Plett
What does it mean to “hold space” for someone else? “It means that we are willing to walk alongside another person in whatever journey the...
Terri is a highly sensitive empath and intuitive who believes in spiritual gifts and our ability to tap into them to find our true path. Te...
As the mother of a child who transitioned a little over 3 years ago, I am often asked how I survived her loss. Where did I find the strengt...
As another year comes to an end, I look back and wonder where the days went. Time seems to go faster as we age, doesn't it? Yet in the ...